Panel Builder / CAD Drafter
Bachelor Controls, Inc. (BCI) is a leading provider of control and systems integration solutions to manufacturers with focused experience in the food and beverage, pet food, pharmaceutical, plastics, specialty chemicals, and feed and grain industries. BCI has been providing control systems integration solutions to the manufacturing environment for 35 years. Bachelor Controls, Inc. has an opening for a Panel Builder/CAD Drafter. The purpose of this position is to build electrical control panels per our in-house engineered designs and to produce AutoCAD drawings. If you want to be a part of a team that delivers cutting edge solutions to customers in a team-oriented environment we encourage you to apply. BCI is currently accepting applications for our Sabetha, KS location.
Bachelor Controls is willing to provide additional training for qualified candidates.
- Assemble control panels according to specifications set forth by the engineering team
- Assist the engineering team in the creation and updating of drawings
- Assist with shipping and receiving
- Work independently and as a team to deliver controls solutions
- Complete projects on time and within budget
- Follow all safety rules
- Participate in the maintenance of buildings and equipment
- Ensure all panels and drawings meet BCI’s quality standards
- 2-3 years’ experience with duties as outlined above
- Understanding of electrical codes and standards (NFPA, JIC, UL)
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematic drawings
- Knowledge of basic layout and panel design
- Must be able to use power tools such as drills, jigsaws, etc.
- Basic computer knowledge of the Microsoft Suite and labeling software
- Ability to travel to job-sites
Employee must be able to remain on feet for extended periods of time, stoop, kneel, crouch, push, pull, climb, balance, and at times perform manual labor. Must be able to lift/carry 50 to 75 pounds and be in good physical condition. Hearing and sight must be within acceptable limits or corrected to acceptable limits.
- Valid US driver’s License
- Ability to work in the US without restriction
- Must pass initial drug screening and background check
- Must pass random drug screening
- Pay commensurate with experience
- Health Insurance
- 401(k)/Roth IRA with Company Match
- PTO/Holiday pay